What is that in my email? A shipping notice … WOOT! Thats right ladies and gentlemen, we are shipping again. Orders are going out and progress is being made. We are nearly through what we are calling the “Pre-Fire” orders and are already making good progress on the “Post Fire” orders.
We are so grateful for your patience as we figured out how to fit 12 employees into Meg’s house without displacing her entire family. It has been a challenge, but we have managed to do it and with minimal damage to toes, elbows, and other easily stepped on and bumped extremities.
In Rotation This Month
We have been successful airing these out and have been successful with removing nearly all of the smoke smell.
- Save an additional 15% off already discounted prices for a limited time.
- All fiber that was damaged by smoke will be noted as such in the description.
- Discount will be applied at checkout.
We will continue to deodorize the rest of the uniques affected and release them in small batches going forward. Discounts on future items will vary.
- We are still cleaning and deodorizing our equipment, fixtures and tools. This month our focus has been on cleaning what we needed to get production up and running. Now we are moving forward with production and clean up in equal measure. It is time to empty out Meg’s garage so that her family can find the lawn mower again.
- The restoration company has finally gotten the word that the restaurant structure is safe. Demolition has begun in that space. As we understand it, this has to happen first so that when they start on our space there are no lingering smells from the origin point of the fire. There are no specific dates or timelines yet.
I spoke with the organizers of the Ann Arbor show and they have agreed to allow us to bring smoke damaged inventory to this show. This merchandise came directly from our shop so there will be many colorways never seen at shows before. Come early to get the best selection,
- All smoke damaged yarn will be given a 30% discount.
- Save the date: Saturday & Sunday October 24 – 25
Twisted Takes Manhattan
Our confidence in our staff is enormous! I mean it is colossal! We have so much faith in their abilities that we decided that despite being behind on orders at the moment, having an upcoming club, and all of the Phoenix orders we have to process, we have committed to a NEW SHOW. We will be at Vogue Live NYC in January 2016! Twisted takes Manhattan how cool is that! Crazy or Confident, you be the judge.
Our Limited Edition Fundraising Colorway Phoenix is still available for purchase. This category will remain active until we have returned to full production. Then, like club colorways, it goes away.
- Phoenix will be priced double our usual price for put-ups of the same size. The additional cost will go toward helping us get back on our feet. Thank You!!
- Customers are able to view an inspiration board, similar to our recent clubs. No pictures of the colorway itself will be reviled until you receive it in the mail.
- Phoenix will be for sale for the entire time we spend cleaning up and getting the Studio back in working order.
- It will be dyed and shipped only after we’ve caught up with our regular orders.
- You select exactly what you want. No packages for you to choose from, order exactly the put ups and sizes that are your favorites.
- Coordinates will be available for an extended time after we move back in, just in case.
This is going to be a very special colorway and will let you help us get back to doing what we love …making beautiful yarn for you!
Have an idea or inspiration for a new colorway? Drop us a line.
Need inspiration? Check out what people in our Ravelry Group are knitting!
Come see the show!
If you are too far to stop into our shop but still want to experience our yarn and rovings first hand why not plan a trip to join us at one of the yarn shows we attend? You can find our current list below but keep on the lookout for new additions in a town near you! Do you attend a show that we are missing and want to see us there? Send an email to email@example.com and give us a heads up!
Friday October 2nd – Sunday October 5th 2015
Held at the Historic Palmer House Hilton Hotel in Chicago’s Loop area, Vogue Knitting Live is the ultimate, one of a kind, experimental knitting event.
October 24th and 25th
Saturday 9am -5pm
Sunday 10am – 4pm
At the Washtenaw Farm Council Grounds
FIRE SALE! We will be holding a fire sale at this event. All yarn will be marked at deep discounts! Come early for the best selection.
January 15 – January 17 2016
New York Marriott Marquis in the heart of Times Square.